Schenardi continues to expand his already vast culinary repertoire while at the helm of the large culinary operation he currently supervises. In addition to planning and perfecting menu items for Pelagia, Schenardi also oversees the luxury hotel’s year round roster of banquets and special events.
Throughout his career, Schenardi has been celebrated at culinary showcases, invitation-only fund raising events, private parties and banquets honoring professional athletes, entertainers and business moguls.
Schenardi was among a select group of chefs from Marriott and Renaissance hotels around the globe who received the 2005 Award of Culinary Excellence (ACE).
The outstanding chefs were evaluated based on the following criteria:
• Measurable improvement in overall dining
• Outstanding achievement in culinary excellence
• Creativity and innovation
• Training and development of others
• Leadership and personal development
Previously, Schenardi was the executive sous chef, supervising all food operations, at the St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort and Spa in Dana Point, CA. In 2002, he was honored as “Manager of the Year” for the St. Regis Resort. Prior to that, Schenardi served as the senior chef at the Regent Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons in Los Angeles, a fine dining restaurant known for its innovative Italian-California cuisine.
In Maui, his work was recognized by Bon Appetit Magazine, which designated the Ferraro Restaurant at the Four Seasons Maui as the island’s “Best Restaurant.” Previous positions held throughout his career include the following:
• Executive Chef at the Hotel Europe, a boutique hotel in Rapallo, Italy
• Specialty Restaurant Chef at the Mayflower Hotel (Renaissance Hotel) in Washington, D.C.
• Executive Sous Chef at the Jamaica Grand Hotel (Renaissance Hotel) in Jamaica, where he managed 90 cooks, six outlets and 40,000 square feet of banquet space. During a Caribbean Professional Culinary Arts team cooking competition, Schenardi’s team was awarded second place.
• Sous Chef at the Nikko Hotel, Essex House, New York, N.Y.
• Chef de Partie Tournant at the REMI Restaurant, New York, N.Y.
• Chef de Partie, Commis de Cuisine and apprentice at the Italian and Swiss luxury hotel and restaurant, Fort Village Hotel, La Tour de Super Crans.
Schenardi’s educational background focused on classical training in Italian and French cuisine and pastry at the Istituto Alberghiero Ravizza in Torino, Italy. He is fluent in Italian, French and English. He and his wife, Soomin, and son, Lorenzo, live in Tampa.
Schenardi has moved on to become the Executive Chef of the Four Seasons Hotel in St. Louis.