Polish Stoneware originated as a Folk Art in the early 1800s. Today, in a small village in Boleslawiec, Poland, skilled artisans individually hand-craft and hand-paint each piece using a sponge stamping technique. By carefully cutting nature-inspired shapes from dried sea sponges, each artist applies a design in a continuous stamping rhythm until each pattern layer is complete. The result is a beautiful combination of functional and decorative stoneware, each holding subtle variations that makes it unique.
• Formed from white clay exclusive to the Silesian region of Poland
• Lead-free glazing, nontoxic
• Safe for use in the oven and microwave
• Impervious to abrasives, dishwasher safe
• Will not chip or crack easily
• Cooks evenly, holds heat or cold for longer, and cleans up easily